**NEWS! The Flute View is extending the deadline for our 2015 Composer's Competition to May 1. And we have exciting news! Last years competition winner, esteemed composer Joel Hoffman will be joining us on this year's jury.
The Flute View announces our Second Annual Contest for Composers!
We challenge you to write a flute trio for The Flute View founders, Fluterscooter, Barbara Siesel, and Viviana Guzman. (Trio can be written for 3 C flutes, or C flute, piccolo, alto flute combination)
2015 COMPETITION GUIDELINES
* A World Premiere performance at the 2015 National Flute Association in Washington, DC (August 13-16, 2015)
* A live recording of the NFA performance
* $500 cash prize
* Music will be featured on The Flute View website and made available for purchase
Who May Apply:
We welcome submissions from any composer, regardless of age or citizenship.
* Instrumentation for 2015 submissions is a Trio for Three Flutes including any combination of C flute, piccolo, and alto flute.
* Works may also include electronics.
* Works must be no longer than 5 minutes.
Items for Submission:
Include all materials listed below as attachments via e-mail to email@example.com.
* PDF of score
* any MP3s or electronic links to sound files
* Cover letter with contact information including name, street address, e-mail address, and one-paragraph biography as an attached document.
Application Deadline and Notification:
* All materials must be submitted via e-mail no later than midnight on Wednesday, May 1, 2015.
* Application fee is $30 and must be paid through Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Flute View will notify applicants of competition results by e-mail, no later than Friday, June 1, 2015. For questions, please email email@example.com
* Deadline: 1 May 2015
* Web site: http://www.thefluteview.com
Good luck, everyone!