The Flute View’s Contest for Composers!
The Flute View announces our first Contest for Composers!
We challenge you to write a flute trio for The Flute View founders, Fluterscooter, Barbara Siesel, and Viviana Guzman. (Trio can be written for 3 C flutes, or C flute, piccolo, bass)
2014 COMPETITION GUIDELINES
* A World Premiere performance at the 2014 National Flute Association in Chicago, Illinois (August 7-10, 2014)
* A live recording of the NFA performance
* $500 cash prize
* Music will be featured on The Flute View website and made available for purchase
Who May Apply:
We welcome submissions from any composer, regardless of age or citizenship.
* Instrumentation for 2014 submissions is a Trio for Three Flutes including any combination of C flute, piccolo, alto flute, and bass flute.
* Works may also include electronics.
* Works must be no longer than 5 minutes.
Items for Submission:
Include all materials listed below as attachments via e-mail to email@example.com.
* PDF of score
* any MP3s or electronic links to sound files
* Cover letter with contact information including name, street address, e-mail address, and one-paragraph biography as an attached document.
Application Deadline and Notification:
* All materials must be submitted via e-mail no later than midnight on Monday, April 1, 2014.
* Application fee is $30 and must be paid through Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Flute View will notify applicants of competition results by e-mail, no later than Friday, May 1, 2014. For questions, please email email@example.com
* Deadline: 1 Apr 2014
* Web site: http://www.thefluteview.com
Good luck, everyone!